The La Center Steamer Era
The sternwheeler La Center was built dock site by Pete Moe, Uriah Brothers and the E.C. Brothers in 1912. Originally the La Center Sternwheeler operated with a gas engine and carried only freight. Later the La Center Sternwheeler was converted to steam and a second deck was added for passengers. Service on the East Fork of the Lewis River ended in 1931.
The La Center Sternwheeler pictured here in 1912. Later remodeled in 1917.
The Mascot was the “Queen” of the sternwheelers on the East Fork —
with staterooms and a dining room for passengers.